Low temp thermostat

David Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Wed Oct 27 16:27:17 GMT 1999

At 10:53 AM 10/27/1999 -0500, you wrote:

>Oh Dave, I wouldn't be so sure... remember, he said an lt5, that's the zr1
>motor.  Those puppies put 405hp out (actually, 396 at the rear wheels) in
>their
>last (95) incarnation.  There's a yellow zr1 called the Pineapple Express in
>hawaii, which Mario Andretti drove for a publicity shoot a couple of weeks
>ago...
>the car can do over 200mph, it has a stroker lt5 motor (415cid), and is
>rated at
>close to 700hp, all naturally aspirated and completely street
>legal.  Those are
>awesome motors, it pains me that whenever GM finally does a motor right
>they cut
>production.  The motors were designed by lotus and built by Arizona Speed and
>Marine.

In stock form, The Buick GN/GNX ate their lunch... Conley's performance
plus sells license plate frames that say "ZR-What?".  A mildly massaged
(Chip and few minor external bolt ons) pushed the GN to 400 HP... 12.0's
are VERY common with a chip, K&N cone filter, exhaust and some sticky
tires...  Get into porting heads/intake, headers, larger turbo etc and on
the *stock* shortblock thay would make 550-600 HP with no problems.  Dump
in a Stage II 4.1L motor and go extreme with turbo's, hand made intake
manifolds etc and 1000 HP is a fairly attainable goal.  Lawrence Conley was
dyno'd in Tweaked back in the early 90's at 1200 HP (Pegged Kenney
Duttweillers Dyno) with a 4.1, M&A heads, sheet metal intake and *single*
mitsubishi turbo running 117 octane VP fuel.  Tweaked weighed in right at
3200 LBS and ran a best of 7.84 at 178 MPH in the 1/4 mile.  I helped build
the car when they first got it and were working out the bugs... Pretty
awesome machine!

David Cooley N5XMT Internet: N5XMT at bellsouth.net
Packet: N5XMT at KQ4LO.#INT.NC.USA.NA T.A.P.R. Member #7068
We are Borg... Prepare to be assimilated!