Low temp thermostat

Pat Ford pford at qnx.com
Thu Oct 28 13:09:23 GMT 1999

 if you get around 160F you get scale build up. (from merc repair manual)
so to be safe and account for localized hotspots they dropped the temp
further

Previously, you (Bob Valentine) wrote:
{
{ If according to Jenkin's book the optimum temp is around 200 degrees, then
{ why didn't MM go higher?
{
{ I run a GMC 292 inline 6 in my boat, so it's not exactly a hotrod.   The
{ little simple as dirt 2bbl rochester never fails, so I've yet to consider EFI.

Pat Ford                           email: pford at qnx.com
QNX Software Systems, Ltd.           WWW: http://www.qnx.com
(613) 591-0931      (voice)         mail: 175 Terence Matthews
(613) 591-3579      (fax)                 Kanata, Ontario, Canada K2M 1W8