tach adapter

Don.F.Broadus at ucm.com Don.F.Broadus at ucm.com
Thu Oct 28 20:46:53 GMT 1999

On the factory tach look for a fairly large capacitor (non electrolytic)
,this is usually the integrator cap. Doubling the stock tach  4cyl cap value
gives 8 cyl readings so somewhere in-between will be 6 cly. Check the chip
if it is a LM2917 or close to this number it will be easy to look up the
national semiconductor web page. I have tach circuits for LM3900 OP Amps
that I could Fax you if the stock tach cant be modified. Most new tachs have
an air core meter movement  if the tach needle doesn't go to zero with the
key off. It probably is an air core meter. National has IC's for this type
also.