Low temp thermostat-Mercury Marine

David A. Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Thu Oct 28 22:50:48 GMT 1999

What I don't understand is if they don't want the engines to build up
scale, so they run them at temps that require frequent rebuilds, why don't
they use a closed loop cooling system, glycol and all, and instead of a
radiator, use a water to water heat exchanger? (radiator in a tank of
outside circulating water) then run a 190 thermostat or so for longevity??

            David Cooley N5XMT           Internet: N5XMT at bellsouth.net
    Sponges grow in the ocean... Wonder how deep it would be if they didn't?!