Injector Sizing

Tom Sharpe twsharpe at mtco.com
Fri Oct 29 03:47:57 GMT 1999

(IMHO) rules of thumb -- assuming 6K rpm -- 600 ci @ 10-12 lbs = 900 hp, 500 ci
@ 13-15 lbs 450 ci @ 16-18 lbs = 900 hp. I would rather see a 440 @ 10-12 lbs w/
two T04Bs and about 700 hp. perfectly streetable on 93 nolead ( and 800 ft.lbs @
4k). Just don't let it detonate - things break before you hear it. I went thru
three short blocks before I got boost retard right. Run an automatic and a 10"
converter so you cannot load the motor under 3500 rpm and it will live. be sure
to run water injection also. anything past 10-12 psi is really not streetable -
don't kid a kidder.  you have to run 7/1 compression, forged (read that really
heavy) pistons and rods, race gas, and the crank and block will never make 50K
miles. Trailer queens are one thing.  I'll drive from Il. to CSH-HQ and run 11
flat @130 without cooling the motor, changing tires, changing air pressure,
openning the trunk (bottle rockets), or raising the hood, then drive it home @
25 mpg. If you want to talk street, stay under 15 lbs boost.  TWS  (the opinions
expressed cost me a lot of money)...