Serial data hardware solution

Kevin Margitta speakerconnection at home.com
Fri Oct 29 18:54:44 GMT 1999

-----Original Message-----
From: Ross Myers <ponty at axis.jeack.com.au>
To: GM ECM List <gmecm at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Friday, October 29, 1999 12:42 AM
Subject: Serial data hardware solution

>Hi all,
>
>On all the Microcontrollers  I've seen the UART has separate Tx/Rx pins,
how
>can this be interfaced to the GM bi-directional data without the use of the
>Delco 64606 I.C.
>I'm hoping there is a 'simple' solution.
>
>Thanks
>
>Ross Myers

Hey Ross, I really am not that farmiliar with a great # of microcontrollers,
however I am currently working on a DIC project using a motorola 68hc12. All
versions of the 6812 has a built in SCI (serial Com Interface).. there is a
setup on it in the software registers where you can choose one or two pins
for rx/dx, and many modes there within. I believe the 6811 has the same
setup.. but I'm not too sure there.  Hope that's of help.

Kevin Margitta