MAF Signal Generator Misc MAF ????s

Jason Haines jhaines at lingenfelter.com
Fri Oct 29 21:49:13 GMT 1999

At 11:03 AM 10/29/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Has anyone built a 555 pulse generator for like a 88 f-body/GN?.
>If so may I have a copy of the schematic, or values used.
>
>On the later F-Bodies they used MAF+MAP.  Are there any early enough to use
>diacom on?.

1994 was the first year for MAF and MAP. I don't think Diacom will work
with these but I have Tech 2 snapshots along with Autotap and Ease
snapshots of 1994 and newer vehicles with both MAF and MAP. E-mail me
directly and I can see what I can send you.

>If so has anyone written down the MAF v vs MAP value(v), so that a relation
>ship from the two might be drawn?.

Keep in mind that MAF versus MAP does not stay constant - it varies with
engine size, throttle body and other air intake restriction, intake
manifold design, camshaft, RPM etc...

Jason