Edelbrock EFI

Todorovic todorovic at home.com
Sat Oct 30 04:22:00 GMT 1999

> You can definately hear the cam at idle, I run a lingenfelter box intake
so
> it works ok.

I have a pretty strong idle with a 280H comp in my 455.  That thing has no
choke so it's not fun in the morning, although it never stalls, just
hesitates for about 30 seconds of driving (no warm-up time).  But as it's
getting colder, I have to put back the Q-jet with choke soon.  I don't want
a nasty idle.  You say it's got good throttle response.  I hope so, not with
my 280H although WOT is good.  And fuel economy with the 280H sucks too.  I
will be running a 4-bbl carb at first, and then when I get money, possibly
the Holley MPI system.   I like EFI but the TBI in my Trans AM licks and I
don't want to spend too-much money on it.  Save and do it right.

 I have a friend who put a hotlt4 cam in an L98 with ported
> base and stock runners and ported heads and it just runs ok, now he's
> putting a lingefelter box on it to wake it up a bit.  GM says that on an
LT4
> the hp peak is 6400 rpm.  Mine feels like it's at about 5800-6000.
Throttle
> response is great, I am running 3.45 gears.  3.07's would be ok with auto
> with a small stall convertor.

I will be running a T5 with a centerforce clutch and 3.08 posi gears.  What
kind of MPG do you get with your LT4 HOT.  EFI should help with throttle
response and fuel economy, but I hope the carb works ok.  Thanks for info.
Igor.