new here with questions

Mike Rolica mrolica at meridian-mag.com
Thu Sep 2 13:09:49 GMT 1999

Hello, I'm a newby here.  I'm a mechanical engineer but I like to tinker in
electronics.  I have a 4x4 s15 with 355 TPI that I just finished building.
I'm running 11.5:1, 190cc AFR heads eagle rods with a single pattern solid
roller 265 deg adv. 218/218 at .050 .520 lift (with 1:6 roller rockers).  The
engine was originally a 305 TPI out of a 87 Iroc. The only thing I reused
was the intake, plenum, runners and fuel rail.  I found that 24lbs/hr
injectors from ford motorsports were the cheapest and also worked the best.
The motor makes 400ft-lbs at 2000, 430 at 2800, 440 at 3800, 400@ 4800 with 365hp at
5500 not bad.  The prom I'm using is a hypertech for a 89 camaro, but it
runs in limp mode all the time.  I can't flash any of the codes(diag. not
working) and the only sensor it uses is the tps.  runs really rich all the
time.  It won't control the tcc ect.  So I purchased a oem chip for an 89
camaro 350tpi.  But guess what it won't start. :(  I found out why.  It
doesn't fire the injectors.  And this I find is Because most 350 tpi's in 89
came with vats.>8( Now  I would like to use the 89 chip because it doesn't
use the 9th injector.  What I would like to do is fool the ecm by sending
the 30hz at 5v square wave to the ecm on pin B6 of the ecm connector. (I have
the oem manuals for 87,88, 89, camaro and corvettes(165 ecm and the v6 one).
I am also running internet explorer and wsftp95-le.  I have these manuals
scanned and zipped but I cannot get on the ftp site.

any help would be appreciated

thanks,
MIKE  8=)