406 Corvette

Kelvin Mims mimsk at pacbell.net
Sat Sep 4 04:38:34 GMT 1999

Hi:
	I'm new here and I'm looking for advice. I have a 88 Corvette that has been
modified with a 1972 SB400, The engine is using all of the original TPI
sensors. The stock TPI manifold was replaced by a TPIS MiniRam "Very similar
to the newer LT1 type's". The T/Body is a 58mm Holley unit and the cam is
230/244 @.050 274/290 total duration with a .488/.501 lift. This engine was
originally built to be supercharged, but I have since changed my mind and am
now trying to develop a chip that can get the most out of it without hurting
anything!
	The fuel pump has already been upgraded as well everything in the intake
path. The heads are stock aluminum Corvette heads "D_Ports" so I'm guessing
my HP will only approach 400 but the torque should shatter that mark by far.
	The exhaust system starts with 1 3/4 SuperComps through 2.5" back to a set
of Flowmasters.
	My question is this, Is there anyone on the list that has tamed a 383/406
using the stock computer? If so, would they be willing to take a look at my
Binary   and offer suggestions for improvement?

Kelvin

On a clear disk you can seek forever....................