RX7 Questions

David Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Tue Sep 7 15:28:35 GMT 1999

At 11:05 AM 9/7/1999 -0400, you wrote:
>Have a chance at an 87 RX7 with a bad engine.
>
>1.) Anyone know the wieght?
>      They look heavier than the late 70's ones
>
>2.) Is the rear end pretty strong?

It seems to be, because they are running the stock rearend with heavily
modified, turbocharged engines with out any problems...

>3.) Does the rotary engine weigh enough, that I could
>   replace it with a Syclone style 4.3 iron V6 without front spring R&R?

Hmm... Even if the springs could handle it, there doesn't seem to be enough
room in there for a 4.3, let alone a SY/TY 4.3 with the extra plumbing...
David Cooley N5XMT Internet: N5XMT at bellsouth.net
Packet: N5XMT at KQ4LO.#INT.NC.USA.NA T.A.P.R. Member #7068
We are Borg... Prepare to be assimilated!