Injector Pulse Width.

Ludis Langens ludis at cruzers.com
Sun Sep 12 03:45:39 GMT 1999

Richard Wakeling wrote:

>         I measured my pulse width at idle on an oscilloscope and it is
> 1.2 ms. Yes I have 4 X 720 cc/min injectors. On a Diacom log it shows
> 0.6 ms at idle. Why the difference ?

That could be the difference between the ideal calculated pulse width,
and the pulse width adjusted for injector response time, voltage, and so
on.  In other words, the ECM wants 0.6 ms of fuel, but it takes an
additional 0.6 ms to open the injector and get fuel to start flowing.

Or you might have a factor of two error someplace.  ;-)