multiple O2 sensors

Pat Ford pford at qnx.com
Mon Sep 13 13:38:39 GMT 1999

 Hi All;
 I'm building Al Lippers ecu6, and have some thermo couple interface
chips that will go into the the spare analog ports, what temp should
I aim for?? or is it go to maximum themp and the richen up abit??

Thanks

Previously, you (Dave Williams) wrote:
{
{ -> can't help much (it does help some) either way.  Exhaust temp is just
{ -> fine, actually better.
{
{  I find the thermocouple response on my EGT to be fairly fast; since
{ you'd just use it as a trim to the final AFR I don't see that it has to
{ be "instantaneous" like an O2 sensor.
{
{  I have looked longingly at some of those IR sensors though.  Makes me
{ wonder how fast the outside of the header tube responds to exhaust
{ temp... but it'd be influenced by ambient temp, air flow, etc.
{

Pat Ford                           email: pford at qnx.com
QNX Software Systems, Ltd.           WWW: http://www.qnx.com
(613) 591-0931      (voice)         mail: 175 Terrence Matthews
(613) 591-3579      (fax)                 Kanata, Ontario, Canada K2M 1W8