Programming $66

Ludis Langens ludis at cruzers.com
Thu Sep 16 00:22:56 GMT 1999

Eric Aos wrote:

> EPROM offset? for the 730 would that always mean adding  80 00 to the
> address in the binary file? would that be the same for all P4's ? what
> about C3's ?

For the 730 and other P4s, it would be 8000 or C000.  For later ECMs it
can be 0000.  C3s are 3000, D000, or E000.  You can look up the offset
for many applications on my web pages.

> Table Headers? I don't think I understand. Does the Header tell what
> size table it is? or ??

The 2D tables all have a three byte header.  Two bytes specify an offset
for the two input values.  The third byte specifies the number of columns.

Some 1D tables have a single byte header.  It's a scale factor related
to the number of columns.  Other 1D tables have no header.

Sometimes, a 2D table has a one or two byte header in front of the header.