Spark latency correction

Ward wspoonemore at excite.com
Mon Sep 20 00:01:39 GMT 1999

On Sun, 19 Sep 1999 17:26:29 -0400, Shannen Durphey wrote:

> Ward wrote:
>
> > Please remember that spark advance is actuall dely, since yiu cant time
> > travel backwards to start spark, its actualy delay from the prior TDC
event.
> > to calulate a V8 time between TDC's do 15/RPM,
>
> I've tried to see this by routing the REF to EST and applying 5V to
> bypass.  I thought that I'd see a displaced timing mark with my timing
> light, but it didn't happen.  What was I missing?
> Shannen

No. The delay in the processor won't be involved, and the inductive
discharge is also not in that loop.

When you put by pass to +5 you switch the DRP output ckt from the coil
driver to the DRP pin. You also disble the startup dwell and timing advance
function. There is a 5 - 6 deg spark advance during by pass operation.

So I don't see how that would show the CPU indiced delay correction?

Ward