Vss on 165 ecm help!

Mike Rolica mrolica at meridian-mag.com
Mon Sep 20 19:15:27 GMT 1999

Yep, your s10 will be ready for optical vss,  you will have to drill and tap
the hole that the pickup sits in as my s10 is a 85 w/o cruise yep and here
is my bin file.
>From what I have heard, 89 uses electric Speedo and is alternating  ac at
4000pulses per mile where as optical is pulse dc .  Read in one of the
threads some where that on 4000 p/m electric Speedo the ECM is looking for 0
crossing i.e. ac  but at what voltage?  Maybe I will try to pull ECM with
open collector a 2n3904 npn Trans, so it acts  like optical pickup  i.e. dc
maybe I got some bad info.
  <<APYU3516.bin>>