'89 Corvette injector firing

Dave Williams dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us
Tue Sep 21 04:49:00 GMT 1999

-> Scott is right. Even though there are two pins on the ECM, they are
-> internally shorted to one driver.
->
-> I checked this on the 165 that's right here with my VOM...

 I have an L-Jetronic system with two drivers and left/right bank
harness, left/right pull-up resistors, etc.  Everything is there for
bank fire, but in the harness, near the computer, the injector wires
have the insulation stripped and are connected together with a soldered
clip, so all six injectors fire simultaneously.

 I'm glad to find out Bosch isn't the only one who did that.  However, I
have yet to figure out *why*.