project update...

John S. Gwynne jsg at mrcday.com
Wed Sep 22 13:59:53 GMT 1999

Hi all,

Just a quick update... I've been busy...

I manage to start my engine last night after many changes.

The 165 has now been replaced with a 730 (other have said the 730
starts and runs better). Not that difficult of a change, and I will
put up on a web page somewhere pin cross references and the wire
diagram of my harness.

The 730 that is running is the one I modified to include the battery
backed-up RAM chip. It is running fine, so far, out of RAM. I believe
this is going to work out well, but still need to work on software for
real time modification of the data tables.

The new cam has a great sound, but unfortunately the Vortech makes a
lot of high pitch whining at idle. The Paxtons I've seen all seemed
pretty quiet. I thought the Vortech would be too. By 1200 RPM it
pretty quiet; the noise may be ultra-sonic at that point. Guess I need
a smaller SC pulley :).

john gwynne