project update...

EFISYSTEMS at aol.com EFISYSTEMS at aol.com
Wed Sep 22 15:20:21 GMT 1999

Hi John,
    Don'tcha love it when your biggest complaint is your supercharger is too
loud..........ttyl
-Carl Summers

In a message dated 9/22/99 7:03:19 AM Pacific Daylight Time, jsg at mrcday.com

<< Subj:     project update...
 Date:  9/22/99 7:03:19 AM Pacific Daylight Time
 From:  jsg at mrcday.com (John S. Gwynne)
 Sender:    owner-gmecm at esl.eng.ohio-state.edu
 To:    gmecm at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu

 Hi all,

 Just a quick update... I've been busy...

 I manage to start my engine last night after many changes.

 The 165 has now been replaced with a 730 (other have said the 730
 starts and runs better). Not that difficult of a change, and I will
 put up on a web page somewhere pin cross references and the wire
 diagram of my harness.

 The 730 that is running is the one I modified to include the battery
 backed-up RAM chip. It is running fine, so far, out of RAM. I believe
 this is going to work out well, but still need to work on software for
 real time modification of the data tables.

 The new cam has a great sound, but unfortunately the Vortech makes a
 lot of high pitch whining at idle. The Paxtons I've seen all seemed
 pretty quiet. I thought the Vortech would be too. By 1200 RPM it
 pretty quiet; the noise may be ultra-sonic at that point. Guess I need
 a smaller SC pulley :).

 john gwynne