Timing Retard w/o knock & MAF oscillations

Michael Davis davis at mail.eecis.udel.edu
Fri Sep 24 14:45:30 GMT 1999

In trying to understand some Diacom data. I'm seeing "knock retard" being
introduced, but No "spark control counts" being sensed..  Will the ECM
retard the timing when the table jumps from LV8 column to LV8 column and
the requested advance decreases in this column jump?

(IE, if the EPROM table has spark advance for 3600 rpm at LV8=176 set to
	22 deg and the LV8 goes above 192 and into the next column of
	the spark advance table where 3600rpm has a 20 deg advance request,
	will the ECM apply retard of 2 deg to get there?
)

(BTW, while I'm sending this email, I'll ask...  Would anyone know why my
 air flow thru my MAF would oscilliate at high load/flow?  I have a PDF
 graph of what I mean at:
		http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~davis/z28/ecm_swap/165chart.pdf

 Someone suggested the A/D conversion of the old analog MAF, but wouldn't
 others see similar data on their cars?  The MAF,relays,ECM have all been
 tested/swapped
)

thanks
mike