Operating temps

Aaron Willis darkmonahue at awwwsome.com
Fri Sep 24 20:17:16 GMT 1999

At 12:18 PM 9/24/99 -0500, you wrote:
>>The thermal expansion "thing" is great in theory--but that's where it ends.
>
>Have you done some serious back to back testing, to show otherwise?.
>Grumpy
>>>
>>> FWIW, I understand Lingenfelter likes to run his engines very cold to help
>>>eliminate detonation.  My own limited, carbureted experience seems to
>>>support this theory.
>
>Did you do any back to back testing thou?.

	Bruce,
	Only testing I've done is run the same car, same timing, same gas, same
jetting (I know this is an EFI list) at same ambient temp with different
value thermostats.
	Observations are a DRASTIC change in *audible* pinging under same driving
conditions with each change in thermostat temp.
	This is a thousand-dollar driver, not worthy of serious R&D or any dyno
time.  I do understand that any EFI system would incorporate other factors
not considered here, but I take my findings into account when tuning this
car..
	Gotta word things extra-carefully after the 180* crank fiasco a while back...

	Aaron Willis
	Garage TE51 International  http://surf.to/garage-te51
	ICQ # 27386985
	AOL IM: hemiyota