Operating temps

Daniel Ciobota dciobota at hiwaay.net
Fri Sep 24 23:46:43 GMT 1999

Well, since this is a gm ecm list, and we're talking gm operating temps, the
stock L98 corvettes (84-91 models) had fans that kick in at 230deg... on hot
summer days with ac on, it's not uncommon to see operating temps on those cars
climb up to 240 before coming back down.  This happens regularly on those
motors, with no damage to them.  Btw, the boiling point of 50/50 antifreeze is
somewhere around 265deg... synthetic oil starts to turn to tar at 470deg I
believe.  Oil temps run regularly to 260deg on those cars as well.

 Just another (gm) datapoint.

Daniel