Timing Retard w/o knock & MAF oscillations

Benjamin M Strader efiguy at temecula.com
Wed Sep 15 01:02:39 GMT 1999

Yup, used to see this all the time....the fuel turbine is quite slow in
its aceleration compared to the air flow turbine, so the ratios
calculated are always suspect upon the start of your pull....not too bad
for steady state...but I've learned not to rely too much on the dyno's
afr readings......better off with a good aftermarket meter.....even
still there is still the problem of trying to very accurate BSFC
numbers!