EPROM tuning head start

WEG1192 at aol.com WEG1192 at aol.com
Tue Aug 8 08:25:43 GMT 2000

Shannen, yea, I know all that. I already have '92 Camaro TPI retrofitted to
one car with 7730 ECM with speed density harness. I liked it so much that I'm
getting rid of the carb on the Jeep (my other car) and putting a port FI
single plane intake on the Jeep. Then if all goes well, I have some guys
lined up to let me put port FI on their Jeeps too. That's why I need a
"versatile" chip to work on all these Jeeps. I won't have the time (at least
not for what they are paying me) to tune each Jeep individually. I figured
once I had mine tuned pretty good, I would just duplicate the bin for their
Jeeps. From what I thought you guys were saying, its not possible to use the
same bin file on diff cars.

What about mapping the dist curve of the stock Jeep distributor with a timing
light, tach, and vacuum gauge and vacuum pump as a way to get the spark table
in the ballpark? Is the vacuum and mechanical advance in a stock distributor
pretty close to "perfect" or way off usually compared to an EFI tuned vehicle?

Yea, I had already decided to use the latest GM bin from a '92 Camaro Z28
MEMCAL to get the most recent bin to start with. But from the archives, I get
the feeling that the Jeep may need a less aggressive timing curve.