Interesting blurb on Speedvision

Bruce nacelp at bright.net
Sun Aug 20 16:39:26 GMT 2000

I don't know if even comparing the generation of lift to a chemical reaction
is even a fair comparision.

Might be a matter of the extra H2O being able to intially absorb more
caloires quickly from the manifolding, and then not being as preheated when
it hits the chambers.

Gotta look at the chemical, and mechanical end of any change.  ie ram Air
Might be good if it leans out an overrich combination.  Might be bad if the
air turbulence screws up the measuring of air volume.

I should have said my experience with Turbos has been they like cold humid
air.
bruce

From: "Flanagan, Steve" <Steve.Flanagan at VerizonWireless.com>
Subject: RE: Interesting blurb on Speedvision
> Bruce,
> What do you think is the reason for this?  It seems to be the opposite of
> what you would think. Being a pilot I always prefer a Cold, Dry, High
> Pressure day, the wings love that kind of air.
> Cold air is more dense: Good for power.
> Humid air is less dense: Bad for Power (or is it????)
> Is it the 2-Os in the H2O that you believe is the reason a turbo likes
> humidity?
> That would then lead to the water injection debate.
> Steve F
> Subject: Interesting blurb on Speedvision

> On speedvision the other day they were talking to some folks running Pro
> Comp..  One of them was an actual tuner.  He was going on about needing to
> do compensations for Baro., and heat.  Then mentioned even more important
> then that was compensating for HUMIDITY.
>   And some folks called me crazy when I mentioned it...
>   Oh well, I rest my case..
> Yes, a good calibration, has a IAT, or MAT correction for fuel, and
TIMING.