Boost

Bob Wooten r71chevy at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 2 04:23:05 GMT 2000

I am hoping that one of you GN guys can clear up for me what the difference
is in a Blow off valve & a Waste gate.  the obvious is that the blow off
valve is on the "clean" air side & the waste gate is on the "exhaust" side.
my guess is that it has to do with response time issues & volume of air.
but as the typical waste gas is an active device & comes on more as the
boost comes up.  i would not think that it would happen all of a sudden &
something else would have to dump the extra pressure.

thanks mucho.

--- Bob Wooten
--- r71chevy at earthlink.net
--- 71-91 Camaro