Part 2: Reading Plugs, pistons, and valves (with Pics)

Dave Zug dzug at delanet.com
Sun Dec 3 06:07:35 GMT 2000

Thats amazing.. I'm sick that I missed that. ;-)

I think the drivers side head was installed on the pass side. ;-P

The only thing I have to contribute is that I've read that the plug base
should be exactly flush with the lowest point of the comb chamber entry. ie
there should be no 'thread pit' for carbon to collect in regardless of how
much male plug threading is exposed on the 'thin side' of the plug hole.
Indexing with spacers without considering this leaves compeditors who have
indexed thru plug selection (buy 200, find the ones that thread in PERFECT
indexed position, sell the rest) with an advantage, however small.