Part 2: Reading Plugs, pistons, and valves (with Pics)

rr RRauscher at nni.com
Sun Dec 3 14:07:03 GMT 2000

Tim,

Thanks for showing the pic's. Not many folks willing to hang the 'ole
laundry out like that <g>.

I have a question about the intake valves. They look wet, is that from oil
coming down the guides? Or maybe a manifold leak? Or something from
the tear-down?

The other thing that looks strange, is the black glazed buildup on the tops
of the pistons. On #2, it is around the edge of about 60% of the piston. Is
this stuff hard, or can it be wiped off? It looks like it may be from oil. I
know Bruce mentioned this also, as it might be the oil from the walls.

Thanks,

BobR.