Progressive NOS (WAS Re: Part 2: Reading Plugs, pistons, and valves (with Pics))

Dig turbodig at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 3 16:03:15 GMT 2000

>Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2000 23:18:38 -0800
>From: "Bob Wooten" <r71chevy at earthlink.net>
>Subject: Re: Part 2: Reading Plugs, pistons, and
>valves (with Pics)

>progressive NOS kit.
>this is essentially a PWM controller that has both %
>in initially &
>time to
>100%.  this is a great way to control the squeeze.

This brings up an idea I've been having @ 3:00 AM...

Why not add additional table to the '749 Syty code
to modulate the NOS solenoids? The space is there,
and there's a nifty plaace to hook in the shift light
code. (Which you don't need on anything but a Quad4 or
a Sunbird turbo)

You could modulate it by MPH (Like we do now with the
boost control), or by TPS, RPM, or both.

Also, you'd have the ability to disable the NOS if you
started to get knock retard...

I'm thinking this would work on a '730 as well, but
I'm
not conversational in the code for those boxes.

Later,
Dig
turbodig at yahoo.com
'91 Sy - 12.43 at 108|Through the stock mufflers