Progressive NOS (WAS Re: Part 2: Reading Plugs, pistons, and valves (with Pics))

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sun Dec 3 17:32:38 GMT 2000

IMO, there is just no way *so far* to accurately modulate a 800ish PSI
solenoid.
The Duty cyle is just soo slow, your more just hammering it.
Then there is the timing of events.
The fuel always lags behind the NOS, IMO.
Then synching the timing as a function of all this.  Now if you had a ion
detection for detonation, well then I'll give that one to you.
There are ways, but when *bleeding down the system* (needs an accumulator),
there is always a chance of a pan explosion.

I'd always thought it would be neat to use for spooling up a turbo, but with
the correct calibration, that is getting to be less and less of an issue.
Again, IMO
Bruce

From: "Dig" <turbodig at yahoo.com>