Part 2: Reading Plugs, pistons, and valves (with Pics)

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sun Dec 3 17:46:09 GMT 2000

I'm talking about a street car, not many are running cc'd heads.
Heck the we can start worring about the specific gravity of the fuel.  The
actual O2 content of the immediate air supply, etc.
There is a practical point to me, where you just take your lumps and go on.
If really worried about the volume of the heads then need to run water
injection about full time to keep any carbon deposits from collecting.
The thick spacer is what .020", racing a plug that much (or less) isn't an
amount I'd worry about in a street car.
In a spec. class or when the budget, time, money allows, but so many tune
ups are so far off that seeing that difference is not a big issue in my
book, IMO
Bruce

From: "Len Sabatine" <sabatine at epix.net>

majordomo at lists.diy-efi.org