Open/closed loop

Bob Valentine bob at tecmark.com
Mon Dec 4 23:49:41 GMT 2000

I thought the same thing at first also, not just you confused.

The ECM goes closed loop once certain factors are met; min temp, min
runtime,  02 sensor crossings, mabye a few others I can't remember.
Going into PE or Highway mode are special-case items that cause open loop
operation even though the closed-loop entry specs are met and maintained.

The Int should lock 128, but the BLM will stay wherever it was when you
went open loop into PE mode.   PE mode is when the ECM is not regulating
the AFR thru feedback from the 02 sensor.   There's nothing that I know of
to indicate that you're in "closed but open loop" except the locked
Integrator.

-> Bob Valentine
-> bob at tecmark.com