DIS for GMECM

Bob Valentine bob at tecmark.com
Tue Dec 5 17:50:24 GMT 2000

As best I understand it DIS allows a longer dwell (charge time) for a given
coil at higher RPM's, resulting in a hotter spark.   You also eliminate the
wear of air gaps at the distributor caps.   Less moving parts, less failure
points is good from the OEM point of view.

Also, advance is "unlimited" since you don't run into rotor phasing issues.
  This still confuses me, since it's my understanding that there's almost
no app that you would want more than 45 or so degrees of advance anyway,
from the tone of a lot of messages recently.

-> Bob Valentine
-> bob at tecmark.com