DIS for GMECM

ae2598 at wayne.edu ae2598 at wayne.edu
Tue Dec 5 22:05:06 GMT 2000

So the benefit to going w/o distributor is to prevent missed/deformed
sparks?  I always figured it was to get better timing accuracy.  I sorta
figured you'd get more energy jumping the spark gap with coil-per-plug (is
there a industry buzzword for this?) than with systems that use
conventional ignition wires.  Is this not the real reason?