Progressive NOS (WAS Re: Part 2: Reading Plugs, pistons, and valves (with Pics))

Dave Zug dzug at delanet.com
Wed Dec 6 05:19:13 GMT 2000

I thought about this, and in typical fashion came up with the 'good enough'
solution... If you could lay out a module that simply accepted the solenoid
command, and put out a signal, that pulsed the +12v at a 50% rate for 1
second, then held the solenoid ON for the duration of the command then that
would do me a world of good.  My peoblem with using the 100 HP jetting in
the TPI plate system was that I could not activate it off the line like I
could do the 50 HP jetting. I had to activate the solenoid AFTER SECOND
GEAR, which netted very little gain over the 50 HP system activated just off
the line. (Can't say this enough - theres ALOT of time to be gained in that
first 60 feet.

A feedback (self choking) loop that is corrected 1 second after activation
should do it. I read a very clever post a few months back about using the
2nd gear Trans signal to activate the NOS (with a throttle switch etc of
coarse)

Sorry, no ECM content... the topic hit home (what I'm messin with, the
funnygas).