Open/closed loop

Bob Wooten r71chevy at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 6 04:40:01 GMT 2000

Bob,

thanks for the info.  I just downloaded the ANHT_HAC (313 Pages, yikes).  I
am going to put that onto the back burner for now.  I have too many things
going right now.  I am still gathering parts for the WBO2 & have not even
really started on it yet.  I am still somewhat in a fog about the entire
tuning thing.  I have read the tuning tips & 101, but am not sure of a few
small things.  no worries though, it will come.  any recommendations on
similar reading to the tuning tips & 101?

I think that i would like to dedicate a day to playing with it & throw it
onto a friends Chassis Dyno.  I think that for me, an emulator would be
most time effective.  i can get the crash course on the tuning, playing
with the emulator & tuning all w/o moving or having to worry about hitting
the guard rail.

Don't know how far off Eric is w/his, but i am comfortable with the editor
(as much as i can be w/o playing) & if the emulator is not far off i might
just wait (hint, hint).

anywho, thanks again, to all.
Bob Wooten

O2
> >but leans it out instead of fattening it up?
> >BW
>
> Yep.  There's a table for commanded AFR vs. MAP, along with qualifers for
> entering Hiway mode.     Because the 02 sensor is really only useful at or
> very near stoich (14.7 afr), the settings in the table are really
> guestimates unless you have a WB02 to calibrate it with. (I don't)
>
> Hiway is turned off by default in most bins.    One word of advice; get
> your tuning as close to perfect before playing with hiway mode or you'll
> have some good headaches.  Look thru the anht_hac and you'll see what's
> involved.
>
> -> Bob Valentine
> -> bob at tecmark.com

--- Bob Wooten