tpi for an early jaguar

Diane Stowe DianeS at speakeasy.org
Wed Dec 6 05:50:42 GMT 2000

Hello out there. I need some advice. I just re-joined the list here.

I finally purchased, a tpi system for my '72 xj6 that has a 350 chevy/700r4
and a 2:88 posi rear. the tpi is a '86 vintage. I thought I'd have the
injectors checked out/cleaned and take it apart slowly and have it cleaned
up. While I work on the problems below.

I know that I need to get an inline fuel pump. I know that holley makes one.
Does anyone have a part number suggestion ? or any other suggestion than a
holley ?

also I am trying to resolve a tough problem with my return line design. I
have 2 tanks one in each rear fender. There isn't really a gas filler neck
to use for a return line. Neither are their fuel return lines natively in my
series of xj6. Later year replacment tanks, without cleaning and all, will
cost me about $150 to $175 apiece. I'm desperately trying to think of some
other solution like a small tank in the back to plump the return line to and
to pump fuel from. But I don't want to really experiment much at the tpi
fuel pressures, nor do I want to create a bomb. Can anyone think of any
other solution for this ?

thanks a lot, Diane Stowe