tpi for an early jaguar

Tedscj at aol.com Tedscj at aol.com
Fri Dec 8 03:25:58 GMT 2000

In a message dated 12/6/00 10:58:19 PM Eastern Standard Time,
mjohnson at primus-sterilizer.com writes:

See my other post on the TPI for Jag thread.
I think the six-port valve from JC-Whitny is the simplest solution.  Mine was
overly complex because I was using "free" parts.
But to sum up:  I had the original submerged fuel pumps in each tank.  I also
had one-way valves on each line as it exited the tanks to keep the fuel pumps
from simply pumping fuel from on tank to the other, rather than to the FI
pump.  I then ran the two lines from the tanks to a three-way splitter that
then ran to the FI pump in the trunk (the factory location on the later FI
Jags.) Then the line ran to the engine.  The fuel return line ran from the
engine back to the trunk via the old vapor line.  Then it split into two
again and ran back to the tanks (again, via the old vapor lines,)  I had to
have an electronic shut off valve in each of the lines to keep fuel from
going into the wrong tank.  I ran the wires from one fuel pump in parallel
with the shut off valve on the opposite tank so that when that pump was
activated (via the original switch and wiring) the opposite tank would not
receive any fuel.
And that was all there was to it!
Ted