Misc Info

Bob Wooten r71chevy at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 12 04:59:40 GMT 2000

Good evening all,

For those that recall, i had asked a question about CPU's for the GM ECMs &
the part numbers & so on.  I thought that i had it straight (but not
entirely) & from that stemmed some help off line from Bob Valentine.  I
wanted to thank Bob for stepping up & helping me out.  we have had some
productive discussions on the GM ECM & in particular the 7730 & tuning (he
even did some playing with my BIN to help me get started).  I appreciate
this help that he gave me & wanted to thank him publicly.

i appreciate all of your help & patience, & hope to be able to contribute @
some time.  i am sure that a lot of the questions that us newbies ask are
quite boring for the old salts here.  please note that looking from the
outside is semi intimidating (specially with some of the politics, not
knowing the background of what is happening).  even to those of us who have
played with cars for some time now the EFI stuff is new & as i am sure most
of you can recall, all you see is a ton of $ going out & the motor is not
running even as well as it did with the Holley or the quadra-bog.  all this
when even the "pros" in town, don't bother to tell you to put a heated O2
sensor on your long tube headers.  i guess that when you see guys working
on $50K corvettes that one might assume that they might have some idea of
what they are doing, NOT!

what helps me the most i think is to be able to correlate what i want to do
to the ECM to get it to do what i would do to a carburated motor.  after
all it is still an air pump.  its just that i am controlling how i get the
gas to it in a different manner.  making this connection is great.  i am
sure that a lot of this stuff is in the archives, & i have been diligently
digging through them but man is that an awful daunting task.  there is a
double ton of information, there & just sucking it out is the hard part.
having Bob & Mr. 747 document what they have done & what they have learned
is of huge help to us, who don't know our ALDL from a hole in the ground.

thanks again to Bob, i am sure to be pestering you again.  hopefully with
some knowledge of what i am talking about.

--- Bob Wooten
--- r71chevy at earthlink.net
--- 71-91 Camaro