converting a GM non computer hei distributor to a computer hei

Bob Valentine bob at tecmark.com
Tue Dec 12 05:48:41 GMT 2000

You're "technically" correct.  There's also tons of "technically" correct
things that don't work.   It worked for you, great. But for someone
installing a FI system for the first time (as the original poster was) they
need as many variables removed as possible.  This would be one of them.

You do have a point about irreversibly modifying a rare distributor.   A
Chevy HEI hardly fits that description.

Getting the stock advance curve, if needed for GM EFI a engine never FI'd
by GM, is something that probably should be done BEFORE the conversion, not
after.

-> Bob Valentine
-> bob at tecmark.com