converting a GM non computer hei distributor to a computer hei

WEG1192 at aol.com WEG1192 at aol.com
Tue Dec 12 06:10:31 GMT 2000

Your right about one thing, (well maybe more) I should have mapped the stock
curve before I spent all that time tuning spark advance on my Jeep by trail
and error i.e. make a change and keep what feels good. But I was told some
time ago that you can do "so much more with a computer controlled
distributor. Why bother with the stock curve." Well, thats exactly what I
ended up doing with my Jeep. As it turns out, the trial and error curve and
the "stock" curve I mapped ended up very close. So my recommendation for
newbies putting any fuel injection on an untested combination is to start
with a map of the stock curve as a baseline to begin tuning. It will save a
lot of time.