LT1 DIS or CoilNearPlug Almost here

Len Sabatine sabatine at epix.net
Tue Dec 12 07:47:19 GMT 2000

   Roger , Sequential LT still maintains Opti Encoder  to sync Injectors
.  Their Xducer may or may not work correctly, Should I have Electromotive
   folks custom configure the basic electronics , we will be utilizing an
OE pickup,  our LS1 Coils and custom coil harness. We're going to be
testing this on the
   Dyno against the OptiSpark system, which Btw , hasn't given us any
problems , in 2 seasons of usage. There were issues with 92-4 housings not
being properly
  ventilated . Hence the bad wrap about OptiSpark. Just replaced one on a
93 Z  which had 155k on it and never was previously serviced. Still ran ,
lay'd down
  under load though. Referring to your experience , some commercial
transducers aren't  properly hardened for the harsh  Automotive
enviornmental conditions.
  For test purposes , we aren't terribly concerned about the cost
,  providing we can document a recovery in ignition efficiency. Individuals
or Vendors get
a chance to hose Us just 1 Time, No second chances. WE have worked thru
many problems with outside suppliers , most times Everybody wins, fewer
times , its a Wash Out. Being involved in the performance /racing Indusrty
for 30+ years , we have a list of the Good Guys and The Bad Guys. Most of
the bad guys aren't
in business any longer , anyway. What goes around , comes around ,
"Users  reveal 'themselves' and are avoided.
      There's a lot of question in my mind in totally removing the Opti ,
since the PCM  is "looking" for 4x - 360x pulses to determine injector
sequencing.
I talked with the ElectroMotive Folks Today, Suppose I'll have to see how
all this plays out. Thanks for the "Heads Up", Personally , I can't support any
product or service which we haven't tested in house and results verified.
Advertising and Hype doesn't bring home any bacon. We'll be testing !
Len