Caprice motor swap...was Re: Olds 350 donor

OneSS2NV at aol.com OneSS2NV at aol.com
Mon Dec 18 04:26:37 GMT 2000

In a message dated 12/17/2000 11:14:52 AM Eastern Standard Time,
bshaw at connix.com writes:

<< I was hoping to find a drop-in replacement for the stock '88 Caprice motor
with a contemporary fuel injection system.   >>

Bill,
   Look into a TPI swap...its not too bad.  If you use a MAP setup, its a bit
easier (less wiring, from what I hear).  We swapped a 305 TPI out of an '87
IROC into my '85 Monte SS.  Used the stock '87 F-car harness, and spliced it
into the G-body dash.  ALDL and everything works.  Check out some (well, a
lot of) pics at -

www.bowtiepower.com/hearttransplant.html

     HTH,
       Steve Ragusa