Olds 350 donor

Andrew K. Mattei amattei at mindspring.com
Mon Dec 18 14:12:27 GMT 2000

> If you're willing to do a little fab'ing, the Caddy would be a great
> choice. 500+ ft/lb torque would move a Caprice wagon quite nicely. Most
> of the ideas from Bob V's Cutlass would work on that engine as well.
> 1975-76  Caddys had fuel injection (look on the trunk lid under the
> Cadillac
> script for a little "FUEL INJECTION" tag) I've had these engines in
> several trucks and they'll pass other big blocks and turbo diesels
> easily. Also alot more efficient.

I've always been curious about the 500 ci'ers. There's a El Cadmino for sale
here in town, been for sale for at least a year and a half, supposedly has a
500ci motor in it.

Someone took a large '70s Caddy, chopped the rear seat (and trunk) out of
it, and grafted on a pseudo truck bed. Ugggg-leeee. Then they went in with a
red velour interior (car is white) and made it a pimpin' ride. Been asking
$1k for the car for 18 months... I don't think it's even worth that.

IIRC it's even got a set of longhorns for the front nose (this is West
Texas, Cattle Country, after all).

I don't know if it'd have the fuel injection or not, don't know what year it
is.

It really is a piece of automotive "art" (well, art spelled "c-r-a-p"). Far
too much cracked bondo. ;)

-Andrew