removable chips

Darryl & Karen Smith darrylkarensmith at netzero.net
Fri Dec 22 02:11:27 GMT 2000

I just noticed my 1227065 ecm has one other removable chip in a carrier besides the prom.  I'm wondering if any of you have seen this kind of arrangement before and if so does that chip carry the mask ROM.  Also, would I be able to read from that chip on the pocket programmer?  The chip has the number 16036495 on it and 16 pins .
I would like to know also if there's a quick way of recognizing the location of TPS enrichment and the commanded warm idle data in the bin.  This is by the way a heretofore unhacked ecm type AFAIK,  w/MAF, distributor, batch fire injectors.....

thanks,
DARRYL