.ecu

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Wed Jan 5 23:07:52 GMT 2000

GM uses numerous different .bin files (code) for any given ecm..   For the
730s if you look at location 0008 that is the mask ID number.  The mask is a
templete that when all the tables are laid out they line up with this..
Hence like in the 749 is one example where the 4 + 6 cylinder variants
(Syclone+Sunbird) use the same mask, but for very different applications
(Yet still both turbos).  On some apps., just going from F body to Y Body
gets a new mask.
Grumpy