96 LT1

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Sun Jan 9 06:06:06 GMT 2000

Roger Heflin wrote:

> On Sat, 8 Jan 2000, gene l. clifford wrote:
>
> > Hi Shannen
> > Gene clifford here.
> > I have been lurking on the list for a week or two now and must confess I am
> > at sea!
> > I recently bought an LT-1 engine and trans out of a burned vette (48k)
> > since it got kinda hot there are no electronics or FI goodies?
> > I have plans to put this in a 1978 Nova 2dr.
> > since I am retired the budget is limited
> > I have access to a full mach.shop (CNC even)
> > what I would like to do is this.
> > # 1 modify for individual injectors a Edelbrock Victor int. manifold
> > #2 either use a holley four barrel carb body for a throttle body or make my
> > own
> > if I use the Holley should I use a vac 2nd or mech linkage
> > I presume I will need a map sensor and a TPS would also like to utilize  O2
> > sensor
> > could you tell me if there would be an off the shelf Ecu that I might avail
> > my self of
> > keeping in mind that I am a neophyte and under financed??
> >                                        Gene Clifford
> >

> First problem you are going to have, is a LT1 block has different
> heads than a pre-LT1 block, it standard chevy 350 heads don't fix, the
> water ports are different.
There aren't any.

I believe that this also goes for the
> intake,
Yup, there aren't any.
 things don't line up like a pre_-LT1 chevy 350 do, so parts
> will be an issue.
Big issue.  Also special bracket bosses are cast into the manifold for
LH side of engine.

 So you will need to watch this when getting parts,
> it also does not have a standard distributor setup so that may also be
> an issue.

Dizzy can be installed if manifold permits it.
Shannen