LT5 Info.., and 1228331 stuff in general.

Marc Randolph mrand at pobox.com
Tue Jan 18 20:00:48 GMT 2000

On Tue, Jan 18, 2000 at 01:51:42PM -0500, Bruce Plecan wrote:
> For those of you interested in the LT5 and it's (90 MY) ecm here's some info
> that just reached CSH, HQ..
>
> It is DIS, and the module only uses a crank signal.
> The cam signal is feed to the ecm for the SEFI.
>
> The ecm turns the power on to a set of relays (to power them up at, @
> WOT/High demand injectors), which ground thru the ecm like the first set of
> 8 do.
>
> The secondary air valve is solenoid operated, so it might be progessive.
>
> *** I mention this only since it was reported early (much) that they
> (injectors/butterfly) were a bang, bang affair (not progressive).***

They are operated through vacuum solenoid, but assuming the system is
operating properly, they open all the way up in one motion - there
aren't various stages of being open as far as the ECM cares, it
is either open or not.

> It uses a seperate ESC Module!.

I assume by this you mean the ESC module isn't in the MEMCAL.
This is true of the 90 model.  The 91 and up have the ESC
in the MEMCAL.

Everything else looked accurate.

   Marc

--
  Marc Randolph     -    mrand at pobox.com    -     PGP keyID: 0x4C95994D
     If you have any info on the mid-60's car called the Bill Thomas