High Freq MAF Problem

Scot Sealander Sealand at clarityconnect.com
Sat Jan 29 18:46:15 GMT 2000

Thomas Matthews wrote:

> In the 89 165 MAF F and Y apps, they have MAF and VATS both, but I
> know on the 90-92 730 F and Y that the VATS input is into where a MAF
> would connect on a app with MAF.

The 89 MAF is a DC (analog) MAF, so uses a different input that
goes to the A/D converter.

> Scott, would love to hear details about the code changes you made.

To get raw MAF data, the code reads the MAF with every ref pulse,
so as to "look at" the total airflow between ref pulses.  The airflow
is calculated every 100 mSec in a separate subroutine.  The data is
not used in any fuel calcs, and is only used to supply data to try and
help with getting the VE table correct.  Still experimental.
Was trying the "self learn" approach a few months back, but that
takes too long.  It works, but way too slow.

The code is written in assembler, so no specific addresses are
given.  It would take some work if one wanted to adapt/patch it
into another another ECM application.  Also, it needs some
free RAM space that would have to be made available.

Scot Sealander