more.. DIS ????

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Sun Jan 30 03:06:49 GMT 2000

Bruce Plecan wrote:

> Any one got a crank posistion sensor like used with a 7 notch crank, ie 87
> 2.8-90  3.1L (con you measure it's resistance)?
If ya don't get this figured out tonight, I can take some measurements
tomorrow.

> Traning manual says it's a reluctor.
Yup.
>> Now I got the pulse generator that simulates the 7 notches passing the
> pickup.  The pins for the reluctor at the module, 2 seem to be ground, and
> the other floating (reads no voltage).
Center pin for crank connector is shield, a+c are signal lines.

> I can hook a LED across the dissy, and at about the same speed that triggers
> the module lights the LED without burning it out, so the singnal is A/C, and
> about 1.8v
Using just the pickup coil?
> I'm using the output of a 2732 as the "input" to the module.  I've used it
> as a pull up, and pull down with a 1K resistor, and LED.  I tried a cap
> (well numeruos ones) and I can't get a steady firing of the coil.
The signal should prolly be pull down, maybe even negative spike. I'm
no ee, but I'd try without cap.

> No connections to the EST Bypass or ref.,  the low ref is grounded.
What did you do for rpm signal for bench?  No 7th pulse, right?  Try
connecting that one, with the test light trick, and see if it works.
Gives ya connection, voltage, whatever to go by.  I've used the GM
speedo signal generator and test light trick to check spar on 2.5,
2.8, and 3.8.   And they said it couldn't be done.